Mighty Tieton is an incubator for artisan businesses. This small group of entrepreneurial urban and rural designers, architects, artists, and creative individuals is working in the Central Washington town of Tieton, fifteen miles west of Yakima. Mighty Tieton's goal is to help revitalize the economy of the town and region by combining creative and professional skills, and connecting with local resources to build successful businesses involving art, design, hospitality, and recreation.
Several artisan businesses have started under the Mighty Tieton banner, including a fine press and bindery, a typographic mosaic signage business, a printmaking studio and press, a goat cheese creamery, a cidery, a kite production facility, book warehousing, and a production facility for producing lamps for Graypants. We also have two event spaces, rental cabins for short visits and longer residencies, and several artist's studios.
You can visit the Paper Hammer Studios shop at 613 Elm Street. We are usually open regular business hours. At this time, however, the Mighty Tieton homes and studios are not regularly open to the public. Visits and short tours MUST be arranged in advance. To schedule a visit, please write to email@example.com. If you are impressed by the tour, a tax deductible donation to Tieton Arts & Humanities is always appreciated.
For many more photos of Tieton, events, and enterprises visit our flickr page.
Keep in touch with Mighty Tieton
Sign up for our email newsletter:
Events & News
- Chandelier FestivalOpen by appointment through March 2015.
Inspired materials and playful themes lighten the spirits. Come celebrate the bright designs.
- 10x10x10xTieton Call for WorksMarch 16th - June 15th
- A call for artwork no larger than 10 inches in any dimension.
- Tieton Open HouseSaturday April 25th, 11am - 3pm
- Visit businesses, sample food, see art and watch mosaics in action. Come see what’s new in Tieton!
- Gittreville Cyclecart RacesSaturday June 27th - Sunday June 28th
- Make way for hand-crafted motor vehicles racing, parading, and on display.
- MORE EVENTS & NEWS»