- Holiday Craft BazaarSaturday, November 30 - Sunday, December 1Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave., Tieton
Handmade and vintage items, music, craft-making, and food. Ring in the season with us in ye olde apple warehouse.
- Dia de los Muertos Celebration & ExhibitionSunday, October 27Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
New to the celebration: an exhibit of small altars and ex votos art.
- LiTFUSEFriday, September 27 - Sunday, September 29Various locations around Tieton
Tieton Arts & Humanities' annual poetry retreat weekend. Don't wait to register, one of the three master classes is already full. COMPLETE 2013 INFO HERE.
- Pie Palooza Pie ContestSaturday, August 24Paper Hammer Studios Garden, 613 Elm St., Tieton
TA&H's Pie Palooza is moving to the Saturday of Community Days. Is your filling recipe up to snuff??
- Highland Community DaysAugust 23 - 25Various locations around Tieton
The best small-town time ever, every time. Official Community Days info is available HERE.
- 10x10x10xTieton Gallery ExhibitionAugust 10 - October 9Mighty Tieton Warehouse Gallery, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
10 inches and 10 inches and 10 inches and no larger!
- Tieton Pop-Up MarketsApril 27, 11-2; May 25, 11-2; October 27, 11-2617 Elm St., Tieton
An ever-changing market, to take place on a few of our event opening weekends.
- Tieton Mini Maker FaireSaturday, June 29Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave., Tieton
This event is destined to become the most popular of everything we do here in Tieton!
- Art in the ParkWednesdays, June 19 - August 7, 1 - 3 PMTieton City Park
Summer fun is making art in the park.
- 10x10x10xTieton Call for EntriesCloses Monday, June 17
The call closes June 17. 2013 jurors: Linda Tesner and Justin Gibbens.
- Goathead Press Print ExhibitJune 1 - August 31Tieton Lofts, 502 Wisconsin Ave.
A curated exhibit of prints produced in Tieton's Goathead Press studio.
- Textiles Tieton: Salsa!Saturday, May 25 - Sunday, July 14Mighty Tieton Warehouse Gallery, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
An exhibition of surprising quilts made and curated by the Contemporary Quilt Association.
- AmarilloFriday, May 10, Doors at 6, Film at 6:30Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave., Tieton
Performance on film, panel Q&A, and fandango reception
- Tieton Tamale WorkshopSunday, April 28, 12 - 3 PMHarvest Hall, 915 Wisconsin Ave.
It's a make-and-eat fest. Get your tamales on!
- Tieton Open HouseSaturday, April 27, 11 AM - 3 PMMighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave., Tieton
Spring Barrel Weekend, visit Tieton to see what's new. Make it a weekend of rest, seeing the sights, wine-tasting, and soaking in spring sun. A free, family-fun event.
- Chandelier Festival Call for EntriesEntries due Monday, October 28.Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave., Tieton
Start on your illuminating design now, not later. A good chandelier can take a bit of time to craft. Guidelines are fairly consistent from year to year, an official updated form will be posted soon.
- Jovino Santos Neto @ Gilbert CellarsFriday, April 12, 7 - 10 PMGilbert Cellars Tasting Room, 5 North Front St., Yakima
Three-time Latin Grammy nominee and Artist Trust Music Fellow plays Yakima.
- Salsa in the Sun: Call for Entries
Call for installation textile art. GUIDELINES HERE. Entries due Saturday, April 13.
- Tieton Made Gallery ExhibitionOpening Reception Friday, April 5, 5 - 7 PM; Exhibition April 5 - 27Gallery One, 408 N. Pearl St., Ellensburg
Gallery One in Ellensburg will feature Tieton artists in the exhibition "Tieton Made." Come see who is making what in Tieton.
- Camp Mighty Tieton Shelter Design Challenge Call for EntriesThursday, June 20
Design and create your weekend housing in a creative fashion. Download the entry form. The call closes Thursday, June 20.
- Trimpin’s Mighty Tieton Sound SpaceMighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave., Tieton
Trimpin's studio in the Mighty Tieton Warehouse is open by appointment only. Please give us as much notice as possible to schedule a visit.
- Holiday Craft Bazaar1st weekend in DecemberMighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Handmade crafts, antique items, food, and chandeliers take over the Mighty Tieton Warehouse.
- 2012 Chandelier FestivalSaturday, December 1Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
A must-see in the holiday season.
- 2012 Goathead Press Printmaking WorkshopsSeptember 29-30 and October 20-21, 2012Goathead Press, Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Printmakers John and Lindsey Merrell are back in Goathead Press, leading two workshops. Register ASAP, these fill up fast!
- Día de los MuertosSunday, October 28- Sunday, November 11Mighty TIeton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Sugar skulls, sand painting, crafts for the whole family y los muertos.
- LiTFUSEFriday, September 21 - Sunday 23Various MT Facilities around Tieton
LiTFUSE is Tieton's annual weekend-long poets' workshop for poets of all ages, abilities, and styles.
- Tieton Open HouseSaturday, April 28, 12 - 4 P.M. Movie viewings at 2 and 6 P.M.Various businesses and spaces around Tieton, including the Mighty Tieton Lofts, Harvest Hall, and the Mighty Tieton Warehouse
Celebrating what's new in Tieton! Plans for a bike park, a medical clinic, cider tasting room.... Tieton is looking forward to a busy spring!
- 100+One and Pie-PaloozaSaturday, July 28, 11 A.M. - 3 P.M.Tieton Park, on the corner of Wisconsin and Elm, Tieton
Celebrating the city of Tieton's centennial (plus one year....and plus pie).
- Bandhani Tie and Dye WorkshopMonday, July 2 - Tuesday, July 3, 10 AM - 4PMMighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
A chance to get your hands dirty and learn a traditional dye technique taught by Indian bandhani master, A. Jabbar Khatri.
- Camp Mighty Tieton / Gimme Shelter! Design ChallengeFriday, June 29 - Saturday, June 30Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Artist Trust and the Family Wineries of Washington join forces with Mighty Tieton the last weekend of June for Camp Mighty Tieton, a festive smorgasbord of activities -- shelter fun, textile exploration, and wine sipping.
- Portland Cello Project in TietonSaturday, June 9, doors at 6 PM, concert at 7 PMMighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Tickets: $12, buy 'em in advance!
- 10x10x10xTieton Juried Art ExhibitionSaturday, August 11 - Wednesday, October 11Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Look forward to fine craftsmanship, surprises, and ingenuity in shapes no larger than 10 inches in any dimension.
- Textiles Tieton: Gimme ShelterSaturday, May 26 - Sunday, July 15Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Be inspired. Give tents a try.
- Washington State Arts Alliance Cultural CongressMonday, April 23- Tuesday, April 24Yakima Convention Center and Mighty Tieton Warehouse
The Cultural Congress brings together cultural leaders from around the region to strengthen skills and cultivate partnerships through intensive workshops, peer dialogue, and dynamic speakers.
- Moku Hanga Kite ExhibitionFriday, December 2, 2011 - Sunday, February 5, 2012Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Take flight with the Drachen Foundation and Mighty Tieton! Come see the Moku Hanga Kite exhibition on display in the Mighty Tieton Warehouse.
- Saint Genet Theater Residency
In August 2011, Mighty Tieton hosted a seven day intensive residency for some of Seattle's most exciting experimental performance, dance, and visual artists to create a new interpretation of Jean Paul Sartre's "Saint Genet."
- 3rd Annual Mighty Tieton Chandelier FestivalMighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
LIGHT UP TIETON! Proposals are in and juried. The selections have been made.
- Mighty Tieton Holiday Crafts & Antiques BazaarFriday, December 2 - Sunday, December 4, 2011Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave., Tieton
Mighty Tieton's sixth annual Holiday Crafts & Antiques Bazaar, featuring handmade and antique items.
- El Dia de los Muertos ExhibitionFriday - Sunday, 12 - 3 p.m., through November 13Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Ave.
Tieton Arts & Humanities invites you to a celebration of community y los muertos! Featuring arts and crafts for the family, traditional altars and sandpainting, and Guatemalan kites.
- The Portland Cello Project Plays TietonFriday, October 7Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin
October 7, 2011, the Portland Cello Project makes its mark on a new venue: the Mighty Tieton Warehouse. This special show is presented by Tieton Arts & Humanities, and proceeds go to benefit the non-profit's many community building and arts promoting programs and projects.
- 2011 LiTFUSE: A Poets’ Workshop
This year's faculty includes Marvin Bell, Judith Roche, Carolyne Wright, Eugenia Toledo, Karen Kevorkian, Allen Braden, Lauren Zuniga, Roberto Carlos Ascalon, Jane Alynn, Joannie Kervran Stangeland, Carol Trenga, Doug Johnson, Michael Schein. Visit LiTFUSE.US for a complete roster of classes and events.
LiTFUSE Open Slam Friday, September 9, 7:30 - 9:30 p.m., Harvest Hall (915 Wisconsin Ave.). Free and open to the public.
- Dionne Haroutunian’s exhibit “Outside My Helmet”June 4 until 30.Mighty Tieton Lofts Gallery, 502 Wisconsin Avenue. Gallery hours noon until 3 Fridays-Sundays
A series of prints and an installation inspired by Dionne's motorcycle journeys.
- Saturday Farmer’s Mercado
Come to the nicest Farmers Market in the Valley! Every other Saturday from 10 until 2 in Tieton Park.
August 20 and 27; September 3 and 17; October 1
- Textiles Tieton: Fresh ThreadSaturday, May 28 until Sunday, July 10Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin
Artists include Janice Arnold, Tanya Aguiñiga, Paul Komada, Larry Calkins, Diem Chau, and Rachel Brumer. Sponsored by Tieton Arts and Humanities.
- Locally Grown: A Culinary Celebration of Yakima’s BestSaturday, May 14 from 5 until 10Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Avenue, Tieton, WA 98947 509 494-2009
Montessori School of Yakima Fundraiser
- Goathead Press WorkshopsGoathead Press, Mighty Tieton Warehouse
Goathead Press Workshops
- 10 x 10 x 10 x Tieton Juried Art ExhibitionAugust 13 through October 2Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin
This year's 10x10x10xTieton award winners go to -- drum roll -- Renee Adams, Theresa Batty, Nia Michaels, and Debra Broz. Many many thanks to the ever-gracious and generous Laurie and Doug Kanyer who donated prize money. Congratulations to the winners and to Honorable Mention winners Donnabelle Casis, Jennifer Crescuillo, Mark Daughhetee, Laurie Kanyer, and Samantha Scherer.
The exhibit runs until until Sunday, October 2. Regular gallery hours are Friday through Sunday, noon until 3.
The August 27 10x10x10xTieton reception takes place during Tieton's Highland Community Days Celebration, August 26-28.
- March 2011 Sunset Magazine article on Mighty TietonMarch 2011 issue of Sunset Magazine!
Sunset published this very nice article on us. It's terrific!
- LiTFUSE: Poets’ Workshop 2010October 8 – 10, 2010
Each year LiTFUSE ignites muses of all ages, abilities & styles.
- El Día de los Muertos Exhibition and CelebrationOctober 28 - November 21, 2010Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Avenue, Tieton, WA 98947 509 494-2009
Come see a large, vibrant sand painting by Fulgencio Lazo. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays until November 21. Noon until 3pm. Presented by Tieton Arts & Humanities.
- 10 x 10 x 10 x Tieton ExhibitionAugust 1 – October 10, 2010Mighty Tieton Warehouse, 608 Wisconsin Avenue, Tieton, WA 98947
** Quick Clarification for Artists and Visitors! **
Gallery will be open 12 - 5pm. Closing Reception: 1:30-3:30 pm. Work may be collected anytime after 3:30 until 6pm.
- Highland Community DaysFriday, August 27 – 29, 2010Tieton Park and Environs
The biggest annual community event in Tieton, Highland Community Days is a classic small town celebration held the last weekend in August.
Previous Mighty Tieton goings-on